I need a *gronk* icon. Grumpypants-chan will do in the meantime.
Last two days were a wash. Hardly got anything done. I was feeling oogy last night so I went to bed at *gasps* 9:30. I know: SHOCK.
I'm rethinking the listies. I kind of feel like my dominant INFP is starting to look with horror on the very S-like listies and saying "STOP THAT!! NO MORE LISTS!! BE FREE!! FLY, LITTLE BIRD!!". So today, no daily listy. Instead we will have an adventure and see how much we can accomplish without planning it all in advance. Whee!
I do think a longer-term listy would be a good idea, though. I'm in an "on" stage right now. I want to do
things. And there's so much to do and I am impatient and want it all done NOW!!! I want my house super clean, and I have bot coding to do, and I've starting planning my Shiny Serenity Shindig in my head and want to work on that, and there's the SUPER SEEKRIT SPECIAL
PROJECT!! Not to mention books and manga to read, and DVDs to watch, and games to play. But I can't possibly get it all done now. It's just not feasible. And so I think I get overwhelmed and my mind shuts down and all forward movement ceases and I'm in front of the computer playing Boggle or laying in a stupor on the couch.
So what I want to do now is look at all these things I want to do, and prioritize them, so I'm not so overwhelmed with the OMG SO MUCH TO DO I CAN'T DO IT ALL! *wibbles* So, here you go.Do first, or regular routine items
Mid-range: would like to do sooner than later
- Work stuff. Need to work so you can keep the job so you can pay bills and buy fun stuff.
- House cleaning. (pro-active).
- Exercising. (pro-active).
- Apply for health insurance. Also, mom's Prudential stuff.
- Bot stuff, as I have some serious updates that need doing.
Low priorties: stuff I want to do, but just aren't that important or that can wait a bit
- Write the thingy, dammit! I want it done by this weekend.
- Shiny Serenity Shindig stuff! There's an actual deadline on this, so yeah, this belongs in the mid-range. It's to be worked on after I do the Very Important Stuff above.
- Other less important bot stuff.
- Book reading and DVD watching. I put this here because it's important for my mental well-being. This is the lowest on the list, though.
- Play FFVII. *sighs* Yes, I'd like to finish it before Advent Children comes out next month. But I don't need to. It's not like I'm heavily involved in FF fandom and that my whole friends list will be discussing it a la HBP. So, this can wait.
- SUPER SEEKRIT SPECIAL
SPROJECT! I know, girly girl -- you really want to do it NOW because you've waited soooo long. But (and I'm sorry to tell you this) it's just not that important. It can wait. So, be good and do the other things first.
I swear I had more on the train this morning, so this list may be updated as I think of things.
Hmm. Slurpee craving. Are there any 7-11's downtown? There IS a White Hen nearby -- do they have Slurpee-like substances?
I downloaded a timer thingy. You know how I sometimes use a kitchen timer at home to alternate bouts of cleaning with Karaoke Revolution? Thought I'd do the same at work, since it works. Except replace LJ-reading with Karaoke singing. So far it's doing it's job, so yay! But I am nearly at the end of my 15 min playbreak, so I need to end this. Might add stuff later, because I swear the mentally-written entry on the train this morning was MUCH longer...